After answering the questions, they figured I was a male in my late teens. Not even close! It did concern me that using nail polish and moisturizer placed me in that category. In fact, I wouldn't even want to go back to my youth. I love being my age. The American mindset, however, seems to be on an endless pursuit of youth. That quest carries with it a guaranteed failure rate of 100%.
Growing old is not so bad when you consider the alternative. Actually the alternative is even better!
Now I might be on a quest to feel younger. That may be a clue as to the quiz guessing my age was wrong. We can control some of the areas that affect how we feel. Here are some ideas I ran across, most of which I do!
- Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down. Don't be a grouch.
- Keep learning. Learn more about computers, crafts, gardening, whatever you enjoy. Never let your brain get idle.
- Surround yourself with what you love. Your home is your refuge so if it's music, pets, family, plants or hobbies, fill it with enjoyment.
- Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. If you have a friend who makes you belly laugh, spend lots of time together.
- When tears happen, endure, grieve and move on. The only person who is with us throughout life is ourselves. So live while you are alive.
- Cherish your health. If it's good, preserve it. If it's unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
- Try everything twice. Found on a woman's tombstone: "Tried everything twice. Loved it both times."
- Don't take guilt trips. Try shopping trips, vacation trips, even trips abroad. . .but never take guilt trips.
- Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
- Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second chance. Lost time can never be found. Let it go!
- Be kinder than necessary. Everyone is fighting some kind of battle.
While the Hollywood set chases the illusion of looking younger, they often appear more like aliens to me.
I prefer to concentrate on things I might be able to accomplish in the areas of feeling younger. Use it or lose it and healthy habits often work.