Shame on you for coming here after reading my title. It's NOT about what you thought but is, nonetheless, accurate. It's a short story, a joke actually, about both computers and sex.
As an adolescent I lived in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, for two years. My father, a Naval officer, was stationed there and we soaked up the beauty of the Caribbean.
"House for instance, is feminine: la casa. Pencil, however, is masculine: el lapiz."
A student asked, "What gender is computer?"
Instead of giving the answer, the teacher divided the class into two groups, male and female. She asked them to decide for themselves whether the word computer should be a masculine or a feminine noun. "Give four reasons for your recommendation," the teacher instructed.
The men's group decided that computer should definitely be of the feminine gender, la computadora, because:
1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic.
2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else.
3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for later retrieval.
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck to buy accessories for it.
The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be masculine, el computador, because:
2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves.
3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem.
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.
The women won.
Probably my female readers are smiling about now, while the men are groaning, "It's not fair." LIFE's not fair, guys! Get over it! It's MY blog. I'm FEMALE!