Saturday, August 7, 2010

P.S. QUOTES ON SLEEP

A few days after posting my last blog on naps, I decided to catch up on some reading. I found these quotes on sleep in Reader's Digest (May '10.) They seem a fitting addendum.

No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap. Carrie Snow (comedian)

A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow. Charlotte Bronte

All the sleep I ever needed is five minutes more. Wilson Mizner, playwright

How blessed are some people whose lives have no fears, no dreads, to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams. Bram Stoker, Dracula


There's a new type of alarm clock on the market. It makes no noise. It uses lights and gets brighter and brighter until you wake up. I already have one of these. It's called a WINDOW! Jay Leno

I think sleeping was my problem in school. If school had started at four in the afternoon, I'd be a college graduate today. George Foreman

A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book. Irish proverb

You can hit my father over the head with a chair and he won't wake up, but my mother, all you have to do to my mother is cough somewhere in Siberia and she'll hear you. J.D.Salinger, Catcher in the Rye

Z-zzzzzzzzz. . .
Kathy Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment