Thursday, October 8, 2015

OMG

Been awhile since I last blogged.  Today I have something on my mind.  When I have a thought, I need to share it before it dies of loneliness!

Names.

They're important.

While I'm not great at remembering names of folks I meet, I try.  Word association doesn't always work.  http://kathyhenderson.blogspot.com/2014/09/remembering-names.html

God knew my name before I was born.  When I came to Him, He wrote it down in His book.  

It's important to our piano students too.  Sometimes I have to even learn to pronounce their names correctly.  I always print out our recital programs early and ask them to check it over for spelling.

He knows my name.

His name is important too.  God made it clear in the third commandment when He said, "Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold (him) guiltless that taketh his name in vain."  


It bothers me to hear anyone say, "Oh my God!"  But it's especially painful to hear it from the mouths of Christians who know and love Him.  When did it become acceptable to use the name of God as a curse word?  OMG is just the latest version.



When you enter our home, this is the first thing you see in our foyer.  There's a reason.

He is holy.  He is supreme.  We should speak of Him with sincerity, not casually in vain.

Names matter.

Especially the names of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment