Tuesday, August 4, 2015

FIXER UPPER ME

Hello.  My name is Kathy.  I confess.  I’m addicted to HGTV, especially Fixer Upper.  I love watching Chip and Jo Jo transform a dilapidated, old house into a thing of beauty.  They restore it to its original glory.



But isn’t that what God’s doing in us?  As Christians, we’re all lifetime fixer uppers, being transformed into His image. That’s sanctification.

It takes faith for folks to buy a mess of a house then put it into someone’s hands to restore.  It also takes faith to allow God to carve and chip away at me, to cooperate with Him because HE sees my potential.  

He originally created us in His own image.  Sin carried us far from that pristine plan.  But He bought us back, redeemed us. “You were bought with a price (the death of his Son). So glorify God in your body.”

Honestly, when I watch Fixer Upper, I do not see the potential.  I don’t have Joanna’s vision.  But I trust her because she’s proven it over and over.

Sometimes, when I look in the mirror, I see the mess rather than the potential.  But I trust God.  I’ve seen Him do it over and over.




I was created to reflect His glory.  The only way to restore that glory is for me to stay close to my Builder and Maker, to cooperate as He works on me!





So please be kind and don't judge me too harshly.  I'm still under construction, a work in progress.  

One day this Kathy MESS will be a message!

No comments:

Post a Comment