Hello. My name is Kathy. I'm a coffeeholic. I really don't want to be cured. I like my morning cup. . .or two. . .OK, my pot of java!
Sometimes old wives' tales are debunked. Other times science catches up with the truths there. Now that I'm an old wife, I concur with recent science validating health benefits of coffee.
Here are just a few benefits of coffee:
- skin cancer risk lessened
- breast cancer reduced
- helps prevent diabetes
- helps avoid early onset of Alzheimer's
- 15% lower risk of colon cancer
- lowers risk of some types prostate cancer
- endometrial cancer risk lowered
- liver cancer decreased risk
- reduction of risk of oral cancer
- 15% less likely to suffer depression
- death (Not sure you can count this as a disease but one study found those who drank two to three cups a day were 10-15% less likely to die in the next 13 years.)
A more recent report can be heard here. Thanks to my sister-in-love, Carol for this one: